登录  
 加关注
   显示下一条  |  关闭
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!立即重新绑定新浪微博》  |  关闭

180°转弯信息角

不忘初心 方得始终...............

 
 
 

日志

 
 

李阳疯狂英语自我表达篇(二)  

2011-01-04 20:27:33|  分类: 李阳疯狂英语 |  标签: |举报 |字号 订阅

  下载LOFTER 我的照片书  |
 


[句型4]
It is of no great consequence... +从句
例:It is of no great consequence that I may fail the experiment this time.
我这次试验可能会失败,不过这无所谓。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
It doesn't surprise me at all.
我一点儿也不吃惊。
Well, what do you expect?
那你又能指望怎么样呢?
So what?
那又怎样呢?
Seeing is believing.
眼见为实。
Bear with it.
忍忍吧。
Have patience.
耐心点。
Keep cool.
有话好好说。
These things happen sometimes.
这种事是常有的。
Let it be.
顺其自然吧。

 

 

 

第七招 宽容的你
Forgiveness
“人孰能无过”( He is lifeless who is faultless. )。古语讲得好,“犯错误乃人之常情,宽恕人则是神圣的”( To err is human; to forgive, divine. )。只有宽容,才能赢得他人的尊重。
Key Words
关键词
blame, excuse, forget, forgive, matter, mind, OK, right
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
That's OK. No reason to apologize.
没事儿,没什么好抱歉的。
That's all right. Don't let it worry you.
没关系,不要为此不安。
Never mind. It doesn't really matter.
别在意,真的不要紧。
That's not your fault. Don't take it to heart.
那不是你的错,不要记在心里。
You're forgiven. Let's smoke a peace pipe.
我原谅你了,让我们和好吧。
Please don't feel bad about it.
请别为此不快。
There's nothing to feel discouraged about.
没有什么可以为之泄气的。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:28〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
I don't blame you. I would have done the same.
我不怪你,我也会这样做的。
Forget it. Let bygones be bygones. Let's bury the hatchet.
算了,过去的事情就让它过去吧,我们言归于好吧。
Let us give him a break this time. Don't make it too hard on him.
这次我们还是给他一个机会吧,别太难为他。
It really isn't worth mentioning. Please don't take it too hard.
实在不值一提,请别为此太上心了。
I know just how you feel. Anyone would feel that way, I'm sure.
我了解你的感受,我肯定任何人都会那样想的。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:26〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
The sun has its spot. Please don't blame yourself.
人孰能无过,请别自责了。
I understand you have a lot on your mind. I forgive you for being late.
我知道你脑子里有很多事情。所以,虽然你迟到了,但我原谅你。
Nobody is perfect so I can understand if you're experiencing some problems.
没有人是完美的。如果你最近有什么不愉快的事,我能理解。
You tried your best and that's what counts. Don't worry about it.
你已经尽力了,这是最重要的。你不用担心。
As long as you are sincere about your apology I'll forgive you.
只要你的道歉是有诚意的,我会原谅你的。
Actually, I am upset with what you did, but I forgive you.
你做的事确实令我很不高兴,但我原谅你了。
There's no point in bearing a grudge. Let us forget about it, no post-mortem.
没必要心怀怨恨,让我们把它忘掉,既往不咎。
Don't get angry because others don't act the way you want them to, because sometimes even you don't behave the way you know you should.
不要因为别人不像你希望的那样而生气,因为有的时候你自己也不像你希望的那样行事。
I will not place the blame on people whose zeal exceeded their judgment, and who may have done wrong in a cause they deeply believed to be right.
我不会责备那些热情胜于判断力的人,他们的过失可能是因为他们深信自己所进行的事业是正确的。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'03〞]
Dialogue
对话
A: Mary, I need to talk to you.
玛丽,我得跟你谈谈。
B: Is it about the date last night? Forget it. Let bygones be bygones.
是昨天晚上约会的事吗?算了,过去了的事情就算了吧。
A: But I've got to apologize to you. I didn't mean to stand you up. I was about to leave home yesterday when my mother suddenly passed out. I took her to the hospital and looked after her all night. It was not until this morning that I remembered my date with you.
可我必须向你道歉,我不是有意失约的。昨天我正要离开家时,我妈妈突然晕倒了。我送她去了医院,又在那里照顾了她一整夜。直到今天早上,我才想起了我们的约会。
B: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Is she OK now?
噢,得知此事我很难过。她现在好了吗?
A: She's all right. But I'm terribly sorry to have kept you waiting last night.
她没事了。可是昨晚让你空等,我实在是非常抱歉。
B: It doesn't matter. That's not your fault. But remember to ring me up next time if you can't come.
没关系,那不是你的错。不过下次你要是不能来,别忘了打电话告诉我一声。
A: All right.
没问题。
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
I forgive sb ... + 介词for引导的短语
例:I forgive you for what you said to me yesterday.
我不计较你昨天对我说过的那些话。
[句型2]
I don't mind ... + 名词性短语
例:I don't mind you smoking.
我并不介意你抽烟。
[句型3]
It's OK with me... + 连词if引导的从句
例:It's OK with me if you really want to open the window.
要是你真想开窗,我不会介意的。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
It's nothing.
没事儿。
No harm done.
没什么。
I quite understand.
我很理解。
Nothing to be sorry about.
没什么值得抱歉的。
Please think nothing of it.
别再想它了。
It's really not necessary.
实在没有必要道歉。
Well, it's happened to me.
噢,这事我也有过。
Well, it's just one of those things.
噢,这是常有的事。
Nobody is without his fault.
没有人是十全十美的。

 

 

 

第八招 犹豫的你
Hesitation
鱼和熊掌的故事时常在周围上演,考验我们该如何选择。其实,犹豫有时也不是坏事,它至少说明我们有选择的机会和权利。学会如何表达你的心事,你会得到意想不到的收获。
Key Words
关键词
doubt, consider, decide, decision, depend, hesitation, hesitate, pause, think, uncertain, unsure
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
It all depends.
视情况而定。
I'm not sure. Could be.
我说不准,可能是吧。
It's up in the air.
尚未确定。
I haven't decided yet.
我还没决定。
If you were I, what would you do?
如果你是我,你会怎么做?
It's difficult to say. Let me think it over.
很难说,让我仔细想想。
I can't make a decision at this time. Let me sleep on it.
我现在无法做决定,让我考虑一下。
I find it hard to believe. It's too good to be true. Give me a couple of days to think about it, okay?
我觉得这难以置信,哪有这样的好事。给我几天时间考虑一下,好吗?
I'm still hesitating. I have to make a decision before the end of this month. What would you do in my position?
我还在犹豫,这个月底之前我得做出决定。你处在我的处境会怎么办?
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:47〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
I'm really stuck. Let me think about it for a moment.
我真是为难,让我想想看。
I am at a crossroads.
我面临抉择。
I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.
我进退两难。
You put me on the spot. I can't tell you off-hand now, I'm afraid.
你令我为难,恐怕我不能马上回答你。
I love the style of this dress. But don't you think the color is a little too loud for me? Do you think I should take it?
我非常喜欢这件衣服的款式,但你不认为这颜色对我来说太花哨了吗?你看我该不该买下它?
That's it. I'm quitting, but how soon can I find another job? Maybe I should stick it out until I find something better.
决定了。我不干了……但要多久我才能找到另一个工作?也许我该撑到我找到一份更好的工作。
It's not the right time to quit my job, if I think about my future. Anyway, I think I should wait to quit until after I get my bonus.
假如我考虑一下我的将来,现在并不是我辞职的恰当时机。无论如何,我认为我该等到领了年终奖金后再走。
I can't get a job in that company if I haven't got the experience and I can't get the experience if I haven't got a job in that company. It's a Catch-22. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
如果我没有经验,就不能在那个公司工作;可是如果我不在那个公司工作,就得不到那种经验。这可真让人为难啊。你要是处在我的情形会怎么办?
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:56〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
It's difficult for me to give an opinion on this right away.
很难立即发表意见。
I'm afraid I can't comment on this issue.
恐怕我不能对此问题加以评论。
The decision is not mine. Please give me some time for consultation.
决定权不在我,请给我些时间商量商量。
We need a little more time to consider the contract, since there are still a few points that we haven't settled yet. We'd like to talk about them a little more.
我们需要再花一些时间来考虑这个合约,因为我们还有几点尚未决定,想再讨论一下。
This isn't the kind of question that one can answer off the cuff. Can I answer it later? I need to look it up.
这可不是那种可以随口回答的问题,我可以先不回答吗?我要先找到答案再告诉你。
It is impossible for me to give you a definite answer now, since this is a serious question and I don't have the authority to decide on this alone. However, I'll give you an answer at our next meeting.
因为这问题非同小可,况且我一个人无权作决定,我现在无法给您一个明确的答复,等到下次见面时再答复您。
I confess that I do not entirely approve of your point of view at present. I'll need to think about it some more. In the past I've changed my opinions on some important issues. I find that the older I get the more willing I am to change my mind.
我承认,我目前不完全同意你的观点,我需要对这个问题再加考虑。以往,我也曾在一些重大问题上改变自己的观点。 我发觉,随着年龄的增长,我越来越愿意改变自己的想法。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'11〞]
Dialogue
对话
A: You look gloomy this morning. What's the matter?
你今天早晨看上去心情很不好,怎么回事?
B: I'm thinking of dropping out.
我在考虑辍学。
A: You're not serious, are you?
你在开玩笑吧?
B: Yes, I am. I don't think I can handle everything all at once. Though my husband has been helping me a lot, with his promotion last month, he has to travel a lot. And I have to take my mother to hospital twice a week. Plus, I don't spend time with my kids anymore. It's a crazy life.
不,我是认真的。我想我没办法同时应付这么多事情。虽说我丈夫帮了我很多忙,但自从他上月获晋升后,他需要常常出差。另外,我还要一周两次带我妈妈上医院。我都没有时间陪我的小孩了。我的生活都乱套了。
A: But I thought you always wanted to finish college. Why back down now?
可你一直都盼望着完成大学学业。你怎么会现在放弃呢?
B: Yes, I did. And I still do. You don't know how much I enjoy my college life. But I'm afraid I can't live like this any longer. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
你说的对,我如今还是想完成学业,你不知道我有多喜欢现在的学校生活。但我怕我无法这样继续下去。如果你处于我的位置,你会怎样呢?
A: I would definitely stick with it. You've got to think this through carefully. You've worked on your degree for so long and you are only one year away from graduating. Come on. Don't give up.
我当然会坚持下去。你得认真想想这事。你已经为此奋斗了这么长时间,而且你还有一年就毕业了。真的,你不能放弃。
B: I don't know. I have to think this over.
我也想不通。我还得再想想。
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
I've been giving a good bit of thought to... + 名词性短语
例:I've been giving a good bit of thought to accepting your proposal.
我一直在考虑接受你的提议。
[句型2]
I've been considering... + 名词性短语
例:I've been considering changing my job.
我一直在考虑跳槽。
[句型3]
It looks as if I might... + 动词短语
例:It looks as if I might take your advice.
看来我似乎该采纳你的建议。
[句型4
Perhaps it's better... + to引导的动词不定式
例:Perhaps it's better to give it up right now.
也许现在就放弃会比较好。
[句型5]
I wonder if I might... + 动词短语
例:I wonder if I might ask you to do me a favor.
我不知道是否可以请您帮我一个忙。
[句型6]
I'm hesitant about... + 名词性短语
例:I'm hesitant about making decisions.
我做决定时总是犹豫不决。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
I'm not so certain.
我还不十分确定。
I can't make up my mind.
我下不了决心。
I can't say for sure.
我也说不准。
I really can't tell.
我确实说不准。
There's some doubt in my mind.
我心存疑虑。
Hard to tell.
难说。
Well, it might be.
这个嘛,也有可能。
Perhaps so.
大概如此吧。

 

 

 

第九招 伤心的你
Sadness
人有悲欢离合,月有阴晴圆缺。德国哲学家叔本华曾经说过,“一定的忧愁,痛苦或烦恼,对每个人都是时时必需的。”(A certain amount of care or pain or trouble is necessary for every man at all times. )。英国诗人考伯更是将悲痛视作一剂良药( Grief is itself a medicine. )。听一曲蓝色忧郁的旋律,咀嚼一丝苦涩
的人生滋味。谁能说,这不是一种独特的美?
Key Words
关键词
blue, depressed, desperate, gloomy, low, miserable, painful, sad, sorrow, sorry, tormenting
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
I'm feeling rather gloomy today.
今天我觉得相当抑郁。
I've been eating my heart out.
我一直非常悲痛。
I'm deeply sorry to hear about the news.
听到消息我深感悲痛。
I'm lonely without you. I feel very miserable.
没有你我很孤独,我觉得很痛苦。
Chances are slim. I have no other choice. I feel so desperate.
机会渺茫,我别无选择。我真感到绝望。
It's just been one of those days. I got out of the wrong side of the bed today.
真是倒霉的日子,我今天一整天情绪都不好。
I'm feeling really depressed about my work. I think I'm at the end of my rope.
我真的对我的工作感到灰心,我想我山穷水尽了。
My heart sunk, for before I knew it, I had gray hair and wrinkles.
我心情很沉重,我还不知道怎么回事,我就已经是满头白发,满脸皱纹了。
I'm on the brink of ruin. It seems that everything is happening to me. I don't know what will happen in the future and I have to leave my fate to Heaven.
我濒于毁灭的边缘,似乎所有的倒霉事都发生在我身上,我不知道将来会发生什么事,只好听天由命了。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:48〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
I am down in the dumps about the defeat.
由于失败,我沮丧极了。
What a bummer! I'm all thumbs today anyway.
真糟糕!不管怎样,我今天整天都是笨手笨脚的。
I've got a lot on my mind. You made me feel ashamed of myself.
我觉得心头沉重,你让我觉得惭愧。
I'm feeling blue because I have to leave you soon.
我觉得心情郁闷,因为很快就要离开你们了。
Oh, no! How could this happen to me! I'm just out of luck.
哦,天哪!我怎么会遇到这种事啊!我可算倒霉了。
Boy! What have I done? What luck!
天哪!我到底做了什么?真倒霉!
What a fool I've made of myself. I feel like such an idiot.
我出尽了洋相。我觉得自己简直是个傻瓜。
Having worked for ten years, I'm still an office clerk. I can't help thinking I'm a failure.
工作了十年,仍然是办公室职员,我得承认自己是个失败者。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:43〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
It was a great shock to hear of the news of your father's death.
惊悉令尊不幸仙逝,实在令人震惊。
There is no sorrow like my sorrow.
我的悲伤是无法比拟的。
We come together today to mourn the loss of seven brave men, to share the grief that we all feel, and perhaps in that sharing, to find the strength to bear our sorrow and the courage to look for the seeds of hope.
今天,我们聚集在此,悼念我们失去的七位勇士,分享我们的悲痛。在悲痛的分享中,也许可以找到承受悲哀的力量以及探寻希望之火种的勇气。
What we say today is only an inadequate expression of what we carry in our hearts. Words pale in the shadow of grief; they seem insufficient even to measure the brave sacrifice of those you love and we admired.
今天我们所说的话还远远不能表达我们心中所想。言语在悲痛的笼罩之下显得苍白无力,甚至无法用它衡量你我敬爱之人所做出的牺牲。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:44〞]
Dialogue
对话
A: Oh, my God! It's the end of the world!
哦,上帝!世界末日到了!
B: What's wrong?
怎么啦?
A: I got sacked yesterday.
我昨天被炒了鱿鱼。
B: Look on the bright side. You can find a better job.
往好的方面看,你可以找到一份更好的工作。
A: And my girl friend broke up with me this morning. I can't believe it!
接着,今天早上我的女朋友把我甩了,我简直不敢相信!
B: I'm sorry to hear that. Can I do anything for you?
我为你难过。我能帮什么忙吗?
A: Can you lend me some money? I lost my wallet just now and my whole month's salary was in it. Oh, no! How could this happen to me!
你能借我些钱吗?我刚才把钱包丢了,里边装着我整个月的薪水。哦,天哪!我怎么会碰上这样的事!
B: Just as the saying goes, it never rains but it pours. Anyway, cheer up. Everything will turn out all right.
正如俗话所说,祸不单行。无论如何,看开一点,一切都会好转起来的。
A: I hope so.
但愿如此。
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
I'm sad to hear... + that引导的从句
例:I'm sad to hear that you are leaving.
听说你要走,我很难过。
[句型2]
I'm filled with dismay ... + 介词by引导的短语
例:I'm filled with dismay by the outcome of the trial.
得知审判的结果后,我感到十分沮丧。
[句型3]
I despair of... + 名词性短语
例:I despair of passing my driving test.
我没有希望考取驾驶执照了。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
Today is not my day.
今天真倒霉。
I never have any luck.
我从不走运。
I could kick myself, really.
我恨死我自己了。
I've hit bottom.
我是到了人生的最低谷了。
I'm resigned to my fate.
我只好听天由命了。
I've been a complete jerk.
我是个不折不扣的笨蛋。
It's a pain in the neck.
真是件令人痛苦的事。
I'm on my last legs.
我到了穷途末路了。
There's not even a dog's chance.
一丁点儿机会也没有了。

 

 

 

第十招 惊讶的你
Surprise
生活的魅力在于,谁也不知道下一秒钟会发生什么。英国政治家狄斯雷利告诉人们,“变化为快乐之母”( Variety is the mother of enjoyment. )。时刻让心灵
保持鲜活吧。这个世界有太多乐趣,等着我们去发现。
Key Words
关键词
amazed, astonish, fancy, incredible, shock, stun, surprise, unbelievable, unexpected, unthinkable
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
Incredible! It's said that someone has encountered a dinosaur in a primeval forest.
真难以置信!据说有人在原始森林里见到了恐龙。
Really? I can't believe it!
真的?我真不敢相信。
What? No, it can't be!
什么!不,决不会!
What a surprise! She can't say such philosophical things! She's only twelve years old!
真令人惊讶!她竟然说出如此富有哲理的话!她才只有十二岁!
Your announcement of marriage came right out of the blue.
你突然宣布结婚实在是出人意料。
Unbelievable! Mary is getting divorced. She's just got married last month.
真不可思议!玛丽要离婚了,她上个月才刚刚结婚。
You're kidding! How in the world did you pay off all the debts?
开玩笑!你究竟是怎样还清所有债务的呢?
My God! My money is all gone!
天呀!我的钱不见了!
Wow! What a crowd of people!
哇!人山人海!
Fancy meeting you here!
在这里碰到你,真令我感到意外。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:49〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
How surprising! He is on TV!
多么令人惊讶啊!他居然上了电视!
For the love of Mike what are you doing here?
我做梦都想不到你会在这儿!
It's done wonders for me! How on earth did he manage to live alone on a desert island for five years?
真令我惊讶!他究竟有什么办法在荒岛上独自生活五年的呢?
How could this possibly be!
这事怎么有可能呢!
It surprises me greatly that it was a little boy who had saved the whole city.
竟是一个小男孩拯救了整座城市,真令我吃惊。
Surprising you say that, because something similar happened to me once.
令人奇怪的是,你竟也会说出这件事,因为类似的事情也曾发生在我身上。
I can hardly believe that so many young people take drugs.
有这么多的年轻人吸毒,我简直不敢相信。
You really took my breath away! I almost keeled over.
你真的让我大吃一惊!我几乎晕倒。
It's unbelievable! I thought you were working in our hometown. I didn't know you were studying in Peking University. I couldn't imagine that we would meet here. Isn't it a small world?
这可真是想不到的事!我以为你在家乡工作呢,我不知道你在北大上学。没想到在这碰到你。世界真小啊,是不是?
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:52〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
The news of my promotion is an unexpected joy.
我获得提拔的消息真是喜从天降。
The news of his being arrested stunned us all.
他被捕的消息使我们目瞪口呆。
I was really taken aback upon hearing of his death.
听说他的死讯,我着实吃了一惊。
The news came as a thunderbolt. I could hardly believe my ears.
这消息犹如晴天霹雳,我简直不相信自己的耳朵。
We were shocked to know that the Chinese Embassy in Yugoslavia had been bombed.
得知中国驻南斯拉夫大使馆被炸,我们十分震惊。
It's surprising that you adults are being so childish at such a critical moment.
令我惊奇的是,你们这些成年人在这样关键的时刻竟然表现得如此幼稚。
On the day of the disaster, our nation held a vigil by our television sets. In one cruel moment our exhilaration turned to horror; we waited and watched and tried to make sense of what we had seen.
灾难发生的当天,举国上下的人们都整夜守候在电视机旁。一个残酷的瞬间,我们由精神振奋变为充满恐惧,我们等待着,观望着,试图弄明白眼前发生的事情。
I doubt whether any other convention may be able to set up a better system. When you assemble a number of men in order to use their collective wisdom, you inevitably assemble people with different prejudices, passions, and errors of opinion, local interests, and selfish views. Can a perfect result be expected from such a group? That's why it's so surprising that this group has reached such near-perfect results.
我怀疑我们是否可以通过其它传统方式建立起一个更好的体系。原因在于,当你将很多人聚集在一起,想以此获得百家争鸣的才智时,你就不可避免地将众人的偏见、情感、错误观念、狭隘兴趣以及自私意图一并融在了一起。能指望一件完美的产品从这样的一个集体中产生出来吗?因此,当发现这群人确实已取得如此完美的成果时,我大吃一惊。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'12〞]
Dialogue
对话
A: I have something for you.
我有东西给你。
B: What is it?
是什么?
A: Open it.
打开看看。
B: Whoa! A check! You mean it's for me?
哇,一张支票!这是给我的?
A: Sure. This will cover all your hospital bills.
当然啦。它可以付清你所有的住院费用。
B: You're too kind. I can hardly believe it!
你真是太好了,我简直不敢相信!
A: Well, I knew that you were struggling. I just wanted to help you out.
嗯,我知道你经济上有困难,我只是想帮帮你。
B: I never expected this. Thank you so much!
这太出乎我的意料了。太谢谢你了!
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
It has taken me completely by surprise ... + that引导的从句
例:It has taken me completely by surprise that there should be so many people here.
完全出乎我的意料,这里居然有这么多人。
[句型2]
It seems strange ... + that引导的从句
例:It seems strange that he should do that!
他竟然那样做,太奇怪了!
[句型3]
I had no idea ... + that引导的从句
例:I had no idea that you would go to work in Africa.
想不到你会去非洲工作。
[句型4]
I never would have guessed ... + 名词性短语
例:I never would have guessed such a thing.
我绝对不会想到这样的事。
[句型5]
You wouldn't have thought ... + that引导的从句
例:You wouldn't have thought that he'd behave so rudely!
你不会想到他会如此无礼!
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
Why, it's you!
嗨,是你啊!
It's most unexpected!
真想不到!
It's a miracle!
这真是个奇迹!
That's extraordinary!
真有点异乎寻常!
How's that possible?
那怎么可能呢?
Am I dreaming?
我是不是在做梦?
You can't be serious!
你在开玩笑吧!
You're joking, aren't you?
你在说笑,是不是?
Who would have thought it?
谁会想得到呢?
It's never happened in my life!
我从来没有碰到过这样的事情!

 

 

 

 

第十一招 失望的你
Disappointment
因为希望,所以才会失望。失望仿佛一杯苦咖啡,虽然不像快乐与满足那么甜美,但较之悲伤和痛苦,已是强得多了。品一品,没准还能咂摸出独特的清香呢!
Key Words
关键词
bad, disappointed, disappointing, disappointment, disgruntled, expect, hope, pity, regret, regrettable, shame, vain, wish
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
What a pity! Everything went up in smoke.
真可惜!一切都灰飞烟灭了。
What a shame! All my efforts turned out to be in vain.
真是太糟糕了!我所有的努力都白费了。
I keep drawing a blank. That's a real let down.
我的希望一直落空,这真叫人失望。
That's the last thing I would expect.
那是我最不希望发生的事。
How disappointing! I expected it to be much better.
真令人失望!我原指望会比这个结果好得多。
Their suggestion wasn't that good.
他们的建议并不怎么样。
I'm disappointed in you. I wish you hadn't done that.
我对你很失望,我多希望你没有这么做。
Oh, dear! I was hoping for a chance to enjoy the opera.
哦,天哪!我原希望有机会欣赏这场歌剧的。
Too bad! He's not at all how I'd imagined.
太糟了!他完全不是我想象的那个样子。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:38〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
It's a real pity. I was looking forward to it.
真的很遗憾,我原本对此抱有很大希望。
It's a shame that we couldn't go.
我们不能去,真倒霉。
Much to our chagrin, you've done it again.
令我们遗憾的是,你又这么做了。
Why do these photo-booth photos always come out so bad?
为什么这些快照相片都这么糟?
Okay, time for a cigarette. Oh, damn! It's no-smoking time.
好啦,该抽根烟了。哦,倒霉!现在是禁烟时间。
Uh-oh! They sent my resume back.
哎呀!他们把我的简历退回来了。
Oh, no! I failed! I thought I'd done well.
啊,糟了!我落榜了,我以为我做得不错。
I can't tell you how crushed I am by your decision to quit.
你要辞职,我真说不出有多失望。
The play wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The performance could have been better. I'm pretty disgruntled.
这出戏不如我预想的那么好,表演本可以更精彩的,我非常不满意。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:43〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
Your work is falling short of my expectations. I don't think you should forget your responsibility.
你的工作真令我失望,我认为你不该忘了自己的职责。
The result has certainly come short of what I expected.
这个结果确实令我大失所望。
I must say I had hoped to meet your manager.
我得说我原希望见你们经理的。
I have to say I'm very disappointed. It was supposed to be ready last week.
我得说我很失望。这件事上星期就应该做好的。
To my great disappointment, they changed their mind and called off the negotiations.
令我大失所望的是,他们改变了主意,中止了谈判。
It is regrettable that we've missed the chance to cooperate with your company.
很遗憾,我们失去了与贵公司合作的机会。
We have held up our company in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Today we have to declare bankruptcy.
每每有一线希望,我们就支撑着公司的运作,但是这一切都是徒劳的。今天,我们不得不宣布破产。
We can only regret that, contrary to historical facts and the essential principles of the Charter of the United Nations, we had to fight so long to achieve this. This again confirms the fact that the Charter, with its principles and purposes may not be infringed.
我们只是感到遗憾,我们不得不为达到此目标而长期奋战,这有悖于史实及《联合国宪章》的基本原则。这进一步证明,《联合国宪章》及其原则与目标是不该受到侵犯的。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'04〞]
Dialogue
对话
A: You went to see the drama yesterday, didn't you? How was it?
你昨天去看话剧了,是吗?怎么样啊?
B: It wasn't worth seeing. I didn't understand what they were talking about.
不值一看。我不明白他们在说什么。
A: It was said to be a wonderful drama produced in cooperation with people from Hong Kong, Japan, and Korea.
据说这是一部与中国香港、日本及韩国成功合作而成的话剧。
B: That's the reason why I could hardly understand it. Sometimes they spoke Mandarin, sometimes Cantonese, sometimes Japanese, and sometimes Korean. What a mess!
正因为如此,我才看不懂。他们一会儿说普通话,一会儿说广州话,一会儿说日语,一会儿又说韩语,真是一团糟!
A: How interesting! I was hoping for a chance to enjoy the drama. But I had to prepare for an examination.
那多有意思啊!我原本指望有机会去看的,但是我得准备考试。
B: Luckily you didn't. It was a waste of time. I could have read more books at home.
幸亏你没去。那是浪费时间。我本可以在家多看些书的。
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
that引导的从句
I was hoping... +
to引导的动词不定式
例:I was hoping that you would stay with us for Christmas.
我本希望你能同我们一起过圣诞节的。
Oh, dear, I was hoping to see him.
哦,天哪!我原希望见到他本人的。
[句型2]
that引导的从句
I had expected... +
宾语 + to引导的动词不定式
例:I had expected that the boss would raise my pay.
我原以为老板会给我加薪。
I must say I had expected her to help us.
我得说,我原指望她能帮助我们的。
[句型3]
I didn't expect... + that引导的从句
例:I didn't expect that he should have failed.
没想到他会失败。
[句型4]
I had been so much looking forward to... + 名词性短语
例:I had been so much looking forward to a wonderful party.
我原来是多么地盼望一场精彩的晚会啊!
[句型5]
I'm disappointed/dissatisfied... + 介词with引导的短语
例:I'm disappointed with my job.
我对自己的工作很失望。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
It's a real pity!
真的很可惜!
What a disappointment!
太叫人失望了!
I don't think much of his idea.
我觉得他的主意并不高明。
Just our luck!
真是倒霉!
Oh, no! It can't be true.
哦,不!这不是真的。
I've never felt so let down before.
我以前从未这样失望过

 

 

 

 

第十二招 快乐的你
Happiness
当你考上了梦寐以求的大学的时候,当意中人向你表达爱情的时候,当事业获得成功的时候,当蓝天白云如歌如画般展现在你面前的时候,你是否感受到了那份从心底流出的快乐?俄国作家托尔斯泰说:“如果你想快乐,就尽情地快乐吧”( If you want to be happy, be. )。把你的快乐心情表达出来吧。
Key Words
关键词
awesome, delighted, ecstatic, elated, excited, exhilarating, fantastic, glad, gratified, great, happy, happiness, marvelous, nice, pleased, pleasure, terrific, thrilled, wonderful
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
How wonderful! I passed!
好极了!我过关了。
Great, I can't wait!
好棒,我等不及了!
This is awesome!
这太棒了!
Oh, how marvelous!
哦,太棒了!
Hey, that's terrific!
嗨,好极了!
I'm so glad to hear the good news!
我真高兴听到这个好消息!
Whoopee, here we go!
乌拉!我们走了!
Gee, everything seems so good.
哇!每样好像都很不错。
Wow! We've finally made it!
哇!我们终于成功了。
Ah! That hits the spot. How nice of you! Thanks.
啊!这个真棒!你真好,谢谢!
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:28〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
Fantastic!
好极了!
How lucky!
真走运。
Super!
好极了!
Really? What a nice surprise!
真的吗?这真是个意外的惊喜!
What a great chance! I want to jump for joy!
真是一个极好的机会,我高兴得要蹦起来!
This is the big day! I've got the letter that I am hired. I'm so happy that I'm ready to climb the walls.
今天是个好日子!我收到了受雇信,几乎欣喜若狂。
It's so good to see you again.
再次见到你真是太好了!
I have a date today! I'm so excited!
我今天有约会,我太兴奋了!
I'm in high spirits at the thought of a vacation in Italy next month.
一想到下个月要去意大利度假,我就兴奋不已。
I was on top of the world when I knew that your parents approved of our marriage. I can't wait to see your family!
得知你父母同意了我们的婚事,我极为高兴。我迫不及待地想见到你的家人。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:34〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
I'm ecstatic because things have really turned out beautifully.
我欣喜若狂,因为事情的结局是如此完美。
I can't believe something so wonderful is happening to me of all people.
我简直不敢相信,在茫茫人海中,如此美妙的事情会降临到我的头上。
It gives me great pleasure to hear that. That's the best news I've heard for a long time.
听到这消息我非常高兴。这是我很久以来听到的最好的消息。
It gives me so much happiness to receive a notice of acceptance from Harvard University. They've given me a full scholarship.
我收到哈佛大学的录取通知书时高兴极了,他们给了我全额奖学金。
I can't say how delighted I am to have you accompany me. You are too kind! I wish we could be together like this forever.
有你陪伴,我说不出有多高兴。你真是太好了!但愿我们能永远这样在一起。
It's hard for you to imagine how excited I was when I stepped onto the Great Wall. I should have taken you along with me.
你无法想象我踏上长城时有多么激动,我真应该带你一起去。
I'm gratified that you can now play a proper role in the committee. I wish you the best luck in your future endeavors and I'm looking forward to a fruitful cooperation with you.
我很高兴你能在委员会中找到恰当的位置。 祝你在今后的工作中一帆风顺,希望我们能够合作愉快。
As the headmaster, I take great pleasure in welcoming your delegation. This is a great moment. The development of our school will undoubtedly be accelerated by cultural exchanges between your school and ours ever since.
身为校长,我万分高兴地欢迎你们代表团一行。 这是个重大时刻,从今往后,你我之间的校际文化交流无疑会大大加速我校的发展。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'16〞]
Dialogue
对话
A: You're all smiles. Something good must have happened to you.
你满面春风,一定是有什么喜事。
B: You're absolutely right. I got a job at IBM.
你说对了。我在IBM公司谋到了个职位。
A: Great! What do you do there?
太棒了!你做什么?
B: I'm in R & D. This is what I've been longing for. It suits me perfectly.
我在研发部工作。这是我渴望已久的职位,对我再合适不过了。
A: Congratulations! I'm really happy for you.
祝贺你!我真为你高兴!
B: So am I! I feel like I'm on cloud nine!
我也是,我觉得像是上了九重天!
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
I'm delighted... + that引导的从句
例:I'm delighted that you'll be able to come.
我很高兴你能来。
[句型2]
I'm excited about... + 名词性短语
例:I'm excited about getting a part in the film.
能在这部影片中扮演一个角色令我很兴奋。
[句型3]
介词about引导的短语
I'm glad... + to引导的动词不定式
that引导的从句
例:I'm glad about my new job.
我对新工作很满意。
I'm glad to learn about our success.
我很高兴得知我们成功了。
I'm glad that I've finally passed the exam.
终于考试过关了,我很开心。
[句型4]
to引导的动词不定式
I'm happy... +
that引导的从句
例:I'm happy to know that I'm going to have a baby.
我很高兴得知我要做妈妈了。
I'm happy that all my children will come home for the Spring Festival.
我很开心,因为我所有的儿女都要回家来过春节。
[句型5]
to 引导的动词不定式
I'm pleased... +
that引导的从句
例:I'm pleased to meet you.
见到你我很高兴。
I'm pleased that you've decided to go with me.
很高兴你决定和我一同去。
[句型6]
I never dreamed... + that引导的从句
例:I never dreamed that I could make it so big.
我做梦都没想到我能干得这么成功。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
Smashing!
棒极了!
That's cool!
好极了!
What a blast!
真痛快!
That's remarkable!
那太好了!
We really had a ball.
我们玩得很高兴。
I feel like a million dollars!
我太高兴了。
Today is my big day.
今天是我的好日子。
It is the happiest moment of my life.
这是我一生最快乐的时刻。
I'm not dreaming, am I?
我不是在做梦吧,对吗?
It's what I've always dreamed.
这是我一直梦寐以求的。

 

  评论这张
 
阅读(949)| 评论(0)

历史上的今天

评论

<#--最新日志,群博日志--> <#--推荐日志--> <#--引用记录--> <#--博主推荐--> <#--随机阅读--> <#--首页推荐--> <#--历史上的今天--> <#--被推荐日志--> <#--上一篇,下一篇--> <#-- 热度 --> <#-- 网易新闻广告 --> <#--右边模块结构--> <#--评论模块结构--> <#--引用模块结构--> <#--博主发起的投票-->
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

页脚

网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2018